Membership Dues: At the September meeting many club members paid their dues for 2014-2015. This is $25 for single membership, $30 for a family membership. Those who paid in September are asked to pick up their YRARC membership cards from Barry VA3LLT and/or Geoff VA3GS. You will have another opportunity to pay your dues at the October meeting. Members are asked to complete a form that will provide the Directors with information to better manage the affairs of the club.
Hamfest: This is scheduled for Saturday 01 November, back again at the Markham Fairgrounds. We will be setting up on Friday 31 October during the afternoon. If you can assist in any capacity please advise Geoff VA3GS, either at the next meeting or by email to: email@example.com.
- If you have children or grandchildren who are in high school and want to earn up to 7 community service hours please bring them along to the event.
- The club will have a table at the Hamfest. If you have any items that you want to sell please bring them along with the price clearly marked. Let the person looking after the table know the lowest price that you are willing to accept.
- 02 September: Don VE3IXJ demonstrated his most ingenious portable repeater system, fashioned from two inexpensive HT’s and some readily available off-the-shelf hardware. If you missed the meeting please ask Don to tell you about it.
- 07 October: Steve VE3EZ has just shepherded the Durham Region Police Force over to a new 700 MHz digital communications system. He will be discussing the challenges of the process and demonstrating some of the new hardware that the force will be using.
- 05 November: John VE3IPS will be talking about lower power operation with the Elecraft KX3 and showing some of the antennas he uses.
- 02 December: Our Xmas Party. Members are asked to bring non-perishable food items that will be distributed to local food banks.
- 06 January: This is our in-house mini-fleamarket and is an opportunity to flog any ham-related items cluttering up your basement/shack. There will be a limit to the number of items that you may offer for sale; this is yet to be decided.